Bear with me as I'm working on the layout of this thing as I'm not completely satisfied with it, but not really sure what to do with it either.
Last weekend saw me travel home for my 10 year HS reunion. The highlight of the weekend came a few hours before the reunion when my dad, brother, and I were shooting skeet behind the pond dam on our property. Long story short is that we were accused of pulling a Dick Cheney on some guys (illegally) fishing on a nearby pond.
As for the reunion, most of my friends chose not to attend for whatever reason. However, I did enjoy seeing some of the people I hadn't seen since graduation. Supposedly about 75 of the 216 showed up, but I'm still convinced it was closer to 50. The amazing thing is how little some had actually changed in 10 years. It seems like whatever path someone was on at graduation, they kept going down that path. In some cases, I'm not sure marriage was enough to settle some of them down. There was the mixture of teachers, bankers, insurance salesman, factory workers, etc. present that probably comprises most graduating classes. It was also interesting to note how quickly some of the HS cliques re-formed at the reunion. The fact that so many are still in the area explains part of this (regardless of whether or not they left for college).
The other interesting thing is some of the pictures that have appeared on Facebook from the reunion. These pictures have a similarity to some of the pictures that have been posted from HS parties. So don't do anything self incriminating as it will wind up on the internet.
No comments:
Post a Comment