As is my custom on Friday, I go out to eat instead of fixing my lunch. Today, I went to a restaurant near campus with another faculty member. On the way back to the office, all of a sudden we hear a loud bang behind and turn around to see a car driving on the sidewalk headed toward us. The car was probably five feet from us when we realized what was going on, but by that point had already started to veer back to the road. I'm not really sure what happened to have the car on the sidewalk other than it turned too short coming out of the parking lot or suddenly veered up on the sidewalk after completing the turn. Regardless, the bang we heard was the right side tires going flat.
As the guy with me said, "That's not a good way to start the weekend, in traction."
2 comments:
That's a little scary! Maybe you should just drive everywhere.
I think this story just underscores how bad drivers are in this town. Being in a vehicle wouldn't necessarily make you any safer.
Post a Comment